The Leadership Collective is a three week, fully-funded experiential learning trip to India. The trip is immersive, challenging students to try new foods, make new friends from across the U.S. and India, and learn about the diversity and complexity of India in a hands-on, service oriented way.
We Believe That Travel Matters
Travel teaches us independence, tolerance, sufficiency, resourcefulness,and flexibility. It puts what we’ve learned in the classroom and in theory into fresh, practical perspective. Investing in travel is exactly like investing in education; while the benefits may be intangible initially, the rewards last a life-time.
Here’s a sample of 2015 Leadership Collective activities:
- Explore Delhi, India’s capital city, including a visit to the Indian parliament, a private meeting with the US Ambassador to India, Honorable Richard Verma, and a visit to Old Delhi’s medieval bazaars
- Serve food at Sikh temples, help with games and races at a rural school, make crafts that are sold to support a village education fund
- Attend classes and cultural workshops with students from Mahatma Gandhi International School in Ahmedabad, Gujarat and Rishi Valley School in rural Andhra Pradesh
- Hike a mountain to watch the sunrise, ride a train to visit the Taj Mahal, play cricket with friends, lead discussions on identity and citizenship
2016 Leadership Collective:
- Accepted students are fully funded, including all costs associated with the passport and visa process and any required vaccines.
- The 2016 Leadership Collective will include up to 15 US students and at least three group leaders. Group leaders have lived and worked in India and will accompany students 24/7 for the duration of the Collective, including flying to and from the U.S.
- Students will spend three weeks in late July/ August at secondary schools and world heritage sites exploring history, culture, and alternative narratives. As part of their studies, students will participate in two workshops on videography and illustration in the development space.
- Dr. Reddy Laboratories
- Cleartrip India Private Ltd
- Bonfare Markets Charitable Foundation
- Anita and Sridar Iyengar
- Jag and Pammy Kapoor
- Raj Singh
- S D Shibulal
- Raj and Sapna Desai
- Cathryn Arnell
- Mehrdad Dokhanchy
- Nilesh Shah
- Yasmin and Randy Kemps
- Anil and Sonali Batra
- Srijana Angdembey
- Steve Whiteford
- Beverley Amey-Nicholl